When you have a lot of work to do, sometimes you want to grumble and complain, but when you work for yourself, it’s a dream come true, isn’t it? 🙂 I caught myself that when a few interesting projects came up, I threw myself into them absolutely 100%, and being a perfectionist and demanding maximum results from myself, I didn’t even notice how the days and weeks went by. But at the same time, I am immensely grateful to the clients who believed in me and invited me to join them.
I completely understand companies that do not always dare to turn to freelancers for their services, that are hesitant about whether such a solution will work, and naturally there are certainly cases where such doubts can be completely justified. However, from my own perspective, I would like to share a few reasons that I think make it worthwhile to hire freelancers:
- motivation and time – a freelancer will be motivated to do the job well and as quickly as possible, because he/she is paid for the final agreed result and not for the time spent. A client who is satisfied with the result is a client who is likely to come back again and give good feedback;
- know-how – by hiring a professional who is experienced in his/her own field, you will save time on training, and he/she will share his/her knowledge and experience with you, as well as the latest market trends;
- attention – a freelancer will be able to give you more personalised attention than a larger service company, as they are likely to have fewer clients and less workload;
- cost efficiency – by inviting a freelancer to join your projects when their skills are needed, rather than hiring someone on a permanent contract, you will ultimately save money and avoid unnecessary bureaucracy;
- flexibility – a freelancer will be able to help you with both short-term, ad hoc work and longer-term projects;
- talents – by choosing to use a freelancer, you open the door to a much larger talent pool geographically, especially if the work can be done remotely;
- focus – by hiring freelancers for specific tasks, companies can focus their attention on their core business functions.
And what would you add? What other reasons are there to hire freelancers?
With best wishes to grow,